The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to provide input and recommendations to the Board of Directors (“Board”) of the Salinas Valley Basin Groundwater Sustainability Agency (“Agency”). At the request of the Board, the Advisory Committee will provide input on the development and implementation of Groundwater Sustainability Plans and Agency policies. The intent of the Committee is to provide community perspective and inclusive participation in the Agency. The Advisory Committee will review and/or provide recommendations to the Board on groundwater-related issues that may include:
- Sustainability goals and objectives
- Monitoring programs
- Annual work plans and reports (including mandatory 5-year milestone reports)
- Modeling scenarios
- Inter-basin coordination activities
- Projects and management actions to achieve sustainability
- Community outreach
- Local regulations to implement Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (“SGMA”)
- Fee proposals
- General advisory
The Agency General Manager facilitates the conduct of meetings. The General Manager will work with all the parties to ensure the process is credible, fair, and effective. The General Manager will:
- Chair meetings of the Advisory Committee.
- In consultation with the staff, formulate the agenda and desired outcomes for the sessions, including developing a meeting work plan.
- Identify and synthesize points of agreement and disagreement.
- Assist in building consensus among participants.
- Work with members to ensure process and participation agreements are followed.
- Assure a fair, effective, and credible process.
To read more on the Advisory Committee and its By-Laws, click here.